Financial setbacks and development problems with its Rolls-Royce RB211 engines meant that it lost out to the rival DC-10 in commercial sales, but the TriStar was a technologically advanced aircraft that remains an aviation icon.
This new Just Flight L-1011 TriStar collection pays homage to this much loved tri-jet with four superbly modeled airliner and military variants in a total of 25 paint schemes.
The aircraft feature accurately detailed 2D panels and virtual cockpits complete with refueling controls on the tanker variants, a fully functioning Inertial Navigation System, stunning high-resolution textures and an authentic flight model with the TriStar’s unique Direct Lift Control runway approach system.
- Four TriStar variants included: L-1011-500 civilian airliner, RAF C2 (passenger), RAF K1 (passenger/air-to-air tanker) and RAF KC1 (cargo/air-to-air tanker)
- 25 paint schemes with high-resolution 2048x2048 textures
- Accurate virtual cockpit featuring INS, autopilot, radio suite and functional annunciators –2D panel with numerous pop-ups also available
- Precisely detailed external models with animated flying surfaces, landing gear, airbrakes, engine cowlings and doors
- Accurately modelled and animated hose-and-drogue in-flight refuelling system on the K1 and KC1 tanker variants with refuelling controls on the Engineer’s panel
- Custom sound set from Turbine Sound Studios delivers the full force of the three Rolls-Royce RB211 turbofans
- Comprehensive 100-page printed manual including full flight tutorial
- Accurate flight dynamics closely replicate the real TriStar’s performance, including its unique automated Direct Lift Control system for smoother landing approaches